Vino Cotto Sirloin Tips
Recipe and photo by Montillo Italian Foods, 2009 all rights reserved
Sirloin tips that have a unique flavor, are tender, delicious and easy to prepare...definitely a winning combination!
1. Cut sirloin tips into 1" bite-sized pieces and add to skillet.
2. Over sirloin add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and enough water to just cover the meat.
3. On medium-high heat, cover the skillet and cook for about 1/2 hour, adding more water as needed. This process will tenderize the meat. Stir occasionally.
4. After 1/2 hour, remove the cover. Add a little more olive oil and allow the water to evaporate. Cook so the meat begins to fry in the skillet.
5. Once the meat is browned and looks delicious, top it with Vino Cotto, adding enough to create a sauce. Bring the syrup to a quick boil and remove from the heat. Serve hot.
Copyright Montillo Italian Foods 2009 - 2010