Portabella Mushrooms with
• 2 tablespoons margarine
1. Coat an oven-proof glass dish with non-stick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
3. Wash mushrooms and place them upside down on a plate to drain. Set aside.
4. In a medium skillet, add margarine and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Melt margarine over low heat while stirring.
5. Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toss frequently to evenly coat the crumbs. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Saturate only the delicate inside cavity of each mushroom with vino cotto.
7. Fill with the bread crumb mixture.
8. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the bread crumbs.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
10. Loosely cover the mushrooms with tinfoil to prevent the bread crumbs from burning.
11. Continue baking until the mushrooms are tender.
12. Remove from heat and serve hot.
13. Variation: Before adding vino cotto into the mushrooms, combine vino cotto with a touch of distilled vinegar to taste. This creates a delicious balsamic vinegar. To provide a slightly sweet, acidic finish to the mushrooms, substitute straight vino cotto syrup with homemade balsamic vinegar. Follow remaining steps above.