Mesclun Mix with Goat Cheese, Apricots,
Prosciutto and Vino Cotto
Recipe and photo by Montillo Italian Foods, December 2010 all rights reserved
This delicious salad is easy to prepare and makes a great presentation when served at a dinner party...you'd almost think it was a dessert!
• 5-6 slices prosciutto, thinly-sliced
• 5 ounces mesclun mix (fresh baby lettuces and greens)
• goat cheese (or substitute grated Pecorino Romano, Grana Padano, Parmesan or Feta cheese)
• 6 ounces dried apricots, cut to 1/4-inch pieces
• olive oil
• Vino Cotto di Montillo
• freshly-ground black pepper
1. Cut a prosciutto slice in half lengthwise, then cut into thirds crosswise (6 sections per slice). Tightly roll up each section, then cut it in half. Repeat.
2. Onto each salad plate, add a handful of lettuce, a few morsels of goat cheese, apricot pieces, and prosciutto rolls.
3. To serve, drizzle with olive oil and vino cotto, then top with black pepper. SERVES 4