Vino Cotto Cheesecake Bars
Recipe and photo by Montillo Italian Foods, 2009 all rights reserved
A light-textured cheesecake filling over an amazing almond flour crust!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. For the crust: Using a fork, mix together all the dry ingredients for the crust into a bowl. Add the melted margarine and vino cotto. Thoroughly combine all ingredients.
3. Hand press dough evenly into an ungreased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
4. For the filling: In a separate bowl, add all the filling ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Pour filling over the crust.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the surface is deep golden brown and feels springy to the touch. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick in the middle of the pan then immediately remove it. The toothpick should come out clean when the cheesecake bars are done.
6. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Yield: 35 bars
Copyright Montillo Italian Foods 2009 - 2010